Thursday, March 10, 2011

The ASVAB

Yesterday I took the ASVAB. Apparently I did pretty damn good...I mean damn well. My overall AFQT score was 93. Which means I did better than 93% of everyone else that has taken it. And with the exception of some nuclear fields, (because you have to take another test to see if you qualify) I qualified for every single job in the Navy. Of course I don't plan on changing my rate, but now I know it's an option, so that's always nice. Too bad just about every job other than HM (Corpsman) and SO (SEALs) require a lot of sitting, which interests me very little.
Oh, and after the test I called my recruiter telling him my score and he seemed shocked, I can't imagine why. Upon hearing I got a 93 he immediately wanted to talk about me changing my rate to something along the lines of a translator, but that sounds like a horribly boring job, so I'll let some other egghead take the ASVAB and do it instead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment