Friday, March 4, 2011

The Beginning of an end

Today, after much running around, mail requests, mail denials, bitter frustration, requisition forms, and general disappointment, I have finally gotten all the medical records and personal documents together that I needed to enlist in the United States Navy. My recruiter has submitted all of my information and said that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should be able to leave for basic training in May or June. I've never been quite so excited for anything in my life. I've grown tired of living a mediocre life and can't wait to start a journey full of responsibility, honor, and dedication. I will try my best to keep this blog updated as I go through my various trainings and duty stations for a long time to come. I hope that this blog can be a tool for aspiring corpsman to use and better inform themselves and their families about what they can expect. I'll be going through MEPS this upcoming Wednesday and Friday. I'll be taking the ASVAB on Wednesday, followed by my physical on Friday. At least that's how we're planning it thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment